Atlas Orthogonal is a gentle, non-invasive, specific specialty within chiropractic that aligns the upper part of the neck without the use of manipulation. The atlas is the first vertebrae in the upper neck that articulates with the skull. A subluxation in this region of the neck can cause many problems including:
- Neck Pain
- Extremity Pain
- Jaw Pain
- Trouble Sleeping
Misalignments occur in the neck from physical, chemical, and emotional stress and trauma.
On the first visit, Dr. Mindy will examine your neck including range of motion, orthopedic and neurologic tests. She will feel the joints in your neck to determine if you are a candidate for care. If not she will tell you. If you are a candidate she will then take x-rays. Specific x-rays are required for the use of the atlas orthogonal instrument to obtain the proper vectors if misalignment. Clarity Chiropractic uses digital x-ray so you are able to get adjusted the same day in most cases. The adjustment is painless, and patients usually begin to notice a difference immediately.
Dr. Mindy Hendrick, a chiropractic doctor at Clarity Chiropractic in Centennial, CO, saw the need to incorporate proven and successful whole spine and upper cervical chiropractic techniques through the Atlas Orthogonal Technique to relieve a patient's pain and associated illnesses.
Unleashing the Body's Healing Powers Through the Atlas Orthogonal Technique
Dr. Hendrick took techniques founded by Dr. Roy W. Sweat in 1979 and expounded on this 20-year-old chiropractic technique, thus the Atlas Orthogonal Technique.
This technique uses percussion instruments to adjust patients' upper cervical areas by using individual patient x-rays to pinpoint adjustment areas.
Whole families, pregnant women, and individual patients from newborns to seniors benefit from the Atlas Orthogonal Technique. These patients come to our office for neck pain, headaches/migraines, vertigo, brain injuries, concussions, extremity adjustments, and after-effects of motor vehicle accidents.
The body cannot heal when the spine does not stay in the correct alignment. Conversely, when the spine remains in alignment, the body's functions are improved, as seen in the following:
- Nervous System
- Immune System
- Natural Healing
- Increased Quality of Life
- Improvements in Activity
The top four treatments our doctor uses daily are as follows.
- Atlas Orthogonal is a gentle and precise form of adjustment, using x-rays as a guide to correct vertebra misalignments in the upper cervical spine with a percussion instrument.
- Total spine adjustment using a drop table, activator, or hands to apply sudden force on a joint in the spine to move it back to its correct position.
- Athrostim is a comfortable, highly accurate, and more robust alignment method on the spine using a handheld tool that gives up to 14 thrusts per second to a spinal joint versus the doctor using their hands.
- Cranial Release is a natural method when the doctor uses his hands to help the body heal and regenerate. This method takes minutes to release the significant healing power to your health and well-being.
Seek Proven and Successful Healing of Your Body
Call Dr. Hendrick at her office at Clarity Chiropractic at 303-221-1223, 6901 South Yosemite St. #102, Centennial, CO. Unleash the healing power of your body by keeping your spine in alignment through the Atlas Orthogonal Technique.